Businesses operate in an environment which is dynamic, competitive, uncertain and frequently hostile. They need to constantly adapt to changes in their internal and external environments in order to be successful. These changes may include anticipating the actions of competitors, reacting to economic or political changes or making use of new technologies. Whether you aspire to be a business professional, manager, charity worker or entrepreneur, understanding the business environment is fundamental to ensuring that the business in which you work reaches its full potential.
Level 3 Certificate and Extended Certificate
- Level 5 in GCSE Mathematics
- Level 5 in GCSE English Language
In Year 12, you will study:
- Unit 1 – The Business Environment
- Unit 2 – Working in Business
In Year 13, you will study:
- Unit 4 – Customers and Communications
In addition to two of the following:
- Unit 5 – Marketing and Market Research
- Unit 8 – Introduction to Human Resources
- Unit 11 – Accounting Concepts
How will the course be assessed?
At the end of Year 12, you will be entered for the Level 3 Certificate in Business.
- Exam: Unit 1 – 2 hours – 50% of Certificate
- Exam: Unit 2 – 1.5 hours – 50% of Certificate
There will be the opportunity to re-sit the exams once more in January 2018 or June 2018, should you need to.
At the end of Year 13, you will be entered for the Level 3 Extended Certificate in Business. This will include the results for Units 1 and 2, where each count for 25%, in addition to:
- Coursework: Unit 4 – 16.6% of Extended Certificate
- Coursework: Any two of Units 5, 8 or 11 – each 16.6% of Extended Certificate